Call for Nominations
2023 Board Elections Call for Nominations
CS-Can|Info-Can is looking for energetic, community-minded members of the Canadian computer science community to join our Board of Directors.
This Board Director opportunity provides strategic oversight of the organization’s broad range of activities. Board Directors participate in monthly one-hour virtual meetings and are encouraged to lead participation in research, communication, recognition, and outreach programs across the country.
Working with researchers, academics, students, industry, and government, you will help shape CS-Can|Info-Can by reflecting the values and priorities of the organization’s members and stakeholders including (but not limited to):
- Ensuring excellence in research, innovation, and education across all aspects of computer science.
- Fostering the next generation of computer science researchers and professionals for the Canadian academia and ICT ecosystems.
- Actively promoting an inclusive environment that supports diversity and encourages participation by underrepresented groups.
- Developing two-way academia-industry interactions that encourage innovation and the ethical application of computer technology.
- Informing public policy debates at all levels on issues involving ICT through impactful and timely strategic positioning.
CS-Can|Info-Can is run by a Board of Directors whose members serve staggered three-year
terms, with some elected directly by membership and others by departments.
In 2023, the Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for:
- Two Board positions, referred to as individual positions, to be elected by individual members of the organization.
- One Board position, referred to as a departmental position, to be elected by departmental members of the organization.
All of these positions are appointed for a three-year term (commencing October 2023 and completing October 2026) with the possibility of election for a second consecutive term.
The Board positions are to be filled by researchers or academics in CS-Can|Info-Can member university departments.
Both self-nominations and nominations by others are welcomed. Please ensure that the nominee is willing to serve as a Board Director prior to submitting the nomination.
We strongly encourage nominations of people who bring a breadth of perspective and experience to the Board.
The nomination form is available HERE.
Brief biographical information and a statement of interest of the nominee are requested.
Only CS-Can|Info-Can members may be nominated. Note: all faculty members, undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows are automatically entitled to membership if the nominee’s department or school is an institutional member.
To check the status of your department’s membership, please visit https://cscan-infocan.ca/current-members/
To register your membership, please visit https://cscan-infocan.ca/why-and-how-to-join/
The deadline for nominations is February 28, 2023.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com