The NSERC-CS-Can|Info-Can Liaison Meetings Committee (LC) was established in 2011 to expand and strengthen interactions between NSERC staff and the Canadian academic computer science (CS) research community. In 2016, the national organization CS-Can/Info-Can was formally voted into existence and the LC began discussions about the best mechanism for continued interaction with NSERC. At the 2018 Annual General Meeting of CS-Can/Info-Can, the organization agreed that the LC in its current form should be replaced by regular liaison meetings between NSERC and CS-Can/Info-Can’s Research Committee. These Terms of Reference relate specifically to these liaison meetings, and not any other meetings the Research Committee may have as part of its mandate.
Liaison meetings between NSERC and the Research Committee may include, but are not limited to:
- Identification, discussion and analysis of opportunities that the Canadian computer science research community could seize or build on, and the challenges it may face, in its quest to be at the forefront of research at the international level.
- Communication, discussion and analysis of issues brought forward by the Canadian computer science research community and its suggestions concerning NSERC’s programs.
- Discussion of topics of national importance on which NSERC requires consultations with the community and preparation of responses on these topics.
- Discussion of matters that may help to inform the Group Chair regarding their participation in the Committee on Discovery Research (CDR) and other NSERC committees.
Unless otherwise indicated, information that is produced for or discussed during liaison meetings can be shared with the broader research community.
NSERC-CS-Can|Info-Can Liaison Meetings Committee Meetings Participants (2019-2020):
- CS-Can/Info-Can Research Committee Members
- Julita Vassileva (Chair), University of Saskatchewan
- Doina Precup, McGill University
- Stan Matwin, Dalhousie University
- Evangelos Milios, Dalhousie University
- Industry Representative
- To be determined
- Chair of Evaluation Group 1507
- Amy Felty, University of Ottawa
- NSERC Representatives
- Emily Diepenveen (Grants)
- Jean-Marc David (Grants)
- Sylvain Langlois (Research Partnerships)