Outreach – News
- Posted May 13, 2013: CACSAIC organized a Panel Discussion at the 13th Annual SIGITE (Information Technology Education) conference in Calgary in October, 2012, entitled "CS/IT Outreach from a Canadian Perspective". The panel consisted of
- Daryl H. Hepting (moderator), University of Regina
- Gerry Donaldson, University of Calgary
- Rick Gee, Okanagan College
The panel gave a representation of very encouraging CS/IT outreach efforts in Canada offered by various organizations working in this space. These include (in alphabetical order): the Canadian Association of Computer Science/Association d’Informatique Canadienne (CACS/AIC), comprising post-secondary institutions offering Computer Science degrees; the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS), known as Canada’s Association of I.T. Professionals; the Canadian Coalition for Tomorrow’s ICT Skills (CCICT), an industry-led coalition of employers, universities and industry organizations with the aim of ensuring availability of ICT professionals for Canadian organizations; and the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA – international, with chapters forming across Canada), a membership organization that supports and promotes the teaching of computer science and other computing disciplines.
- Posted January 4, 2013: Canada Computing Day will be taking place on February 22, 2013. For more information please see www.cancomped.ca
- Posted November 15, 2012: US Computer Science Education Week 2012 (CSEd Week 2012) is taking place from December 9-15, 2012. >> Learn more about the events taking place during CSEd Week (and before/beyond) at Universities across Canada. Also, visit the official CSEd Week website.