Western University invites applications for a two-year Limited-Term faculty appointment at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant Professor, depending on qualifications and experience, to participate primarily in the delivery of Computer Science undergraduate programs. The anticipated start date is September 1, 2020. The successful candidate will be appointed as a faculty member in the Department of Computer Science. The rank and salary will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position has an 80% Teaching and 20% Service workload distribution. Teaching duties will include up to 3.0 full course equivalents over a twelve-month period, while Service duties will include program coordination.
• MSc or PhD in Computer Science
• Experience teaching at the postsecondary level that includes core computer science courses and courses for non-CS majors; Experience with on-line delivery of university level courses is strongly preferred
• Excellence in undergraduate classroom teaching
• Experience in providing high-impact learning experiences for undergraduate students
• Interest and/or experience in the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Training in pedagogy or teaching at the university level
Candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, and a teaching dossier that includes evidence of teaching effectiveness and a statement of teaching philosophy to the email address below. Please also send the names and contact information for at least three academic references. Please ensure that the form available at:
is completed and included in your application submission.
Applications should be sent via email to the attention of:
Dr. Hanan Lutfiyya
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on July 19.