Website Université Laval
General information about the Faculty/Department
More than a school, Université Laval is an entire community in the heart of Quebec City, a complete university recognized for its leadership and its culture of excellence both in teaching and in research.
The Computer Science and Software Engineering Department at Université Laval invites applications for a tenure-track position. Responsibilities for this position include:
– Teaching computer science and software engineering courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
– Supervising M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
– Conducting research activities with the potential of attracting external funding.
– Participating in administrative activities within the department and the university.
– To hold (or about to receive) a Ph.D. degree in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent.
– To have an excellent track record of publications in refereed scientific journals and conference proceedings.
– To demonstrate a strong research potential and excellent teaching capacities.
– To demonstrate good communication skills. French is the teaching language at the University. For a non-native speaker, the University provides various means of learning and developing communication skills in the French language.
– Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one of the following domains:
o cybersecurity and emerging technologies in computer security, including the blockchain;
o systems engineering for industry 4.0 (intelligent manufacturing systems, industrial informatics, data mining, decision support systems);
o cyber-physical systems, including the internet of things;
o computer graphics and multimedia (computer simulation, modelling, and animation, virtual and augmented reality);
o artificial intelligence;
o numerical methods and optimization;
o human-machine interactions;
o software engineering.
– Qualified candidates with expertise in related areas will also be considered.
– Membership or eligibility for the Quebec professional engineering association (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec).
– Industrial experience and the ability to initiate research collaborations with the industry.
Hiring and treatment conditions
Salary according to the current collective agreement.
Application examination will start on February 21, 2021, and will keep going until the position is filled.
Application deadline: February 14th, 2022
Expected starting date: July 1st, 2022
Applications should be sent by email to Secretaire.Directeur@ift.ulaval.ca in the form of a zip file containing the following documents (in pdf format):
– A curriculum vitae: The curriculum vitae should include the URL of their Google Scholar profile page;
– A description of the intended research program, with a maximum of 2 pages, excluding references;
– One to three representative publications.
– A description (about one page) of a proposed advanced undergraduate course (13 lectures of 3h) in the expertise domain of the candidate.
– In addition, three reference letters (addressed to Secretaire.Directeur@ift.ulaval.ca), provided directly from signatories, are required.
Valuing equity, diversity and excellence, Université Laval is strongly committed to provide an inclusive work and living environment for all its employees. For Université Laval, diversity is a source of wealth, and we encourage qualified individuals of all origins, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, as well as persons with disabilities, to apply.
Université Laval also subscribes to an equal access to employment program for women, members of visible or ethnic minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Adaptation of the selection tools can be offered to persons with disabilities according to their needs and in complete confidentiality. If you need such measures of adaptation, you can write to Secretaire.Directeur@ift.ulaval.ca.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to qualified individuals with Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.
To apply for this job please visit www.ift.ulaval.ca.