Website Université Laval
The Computer Science and Software Engineering Department at Université Laval invites applications for a tenure-track position. Responsibilities for this position include:
– Teaching computer science and software engineering courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
– Supervising M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
– Conducting research activities with the potential of attracting external funding.
– Participating in administrative activities within the department and the university.
– To hold (or about to receive) a Ph.D. degree in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent.
– To have an excellent track record of publications in refereed scientific journals and conference proceedings.
– To demonstrate a strong research potential and excellent teaching capacities.
– To demonstrate good communication skills. (French is the teaching language at the University. For a non-native speaker, the University provides various means of learning and developing communication skills in the French language.)
– Preference will be given to candidates with a research expertise in machine learning. Qualified candidates with expertise in related areas will also be considered.
– Membership or eligibility for the Quebec professional engineering association (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec).
– Industrial experience and the ability to initiate research collaborations with the industry.
To apply for this job please visit www.rh.ulaval.ca.