Website University of Regina (Department of Computer Science)
The postdoctoral fellow will work in the Human-Centred Computing research group at the University of Regina, under the direction of Dr. Orland Hoeber and/or Dr. Daryl Hepting. The specific focus for the research will be determined based on the skills and interests of the postdoctoral fellow.
The initial appointment for the postdoctoral fellow will be one year, renewable up to a total of three years. The postdoctoral fellow will spend 80% of their time on duties associated with this position, with the remaining 20% (one day per week) dedicated to other research-oriented “passion projects”, following Google’s “20 percent time” philosophy.
In order to assist the postdoctoral fellow with their academic career development, the fellow will be assigned to teach two graduate-level courses in the area of human-centred computing each year.
· Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related discipline, and with a specialization in Human-Computer Interaction or Human-Centred Computing
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
· Proven ability to work within a research team as well as independently
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· Experience in the design and implementation of human-centred software
· Experience in conducting human-centred research (e.g., conducting literature reviews, developing research questions and hypotheses, designing user studies, preparing research ethics applications, collecting qualitative or quantitative data, analyzing qualitative or quantitative data, disseminating research results)
· Experience in the dissemination of the outcomes of research, with a record of at least one research publication and presentation at CHI, IUI, or CHIIR
To apply for this job please visit urcareers.uregina.ca.