Website Ontario Tech University
The Faculty of Science at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology invites applications for a 1 year Limited-Term Faculty Member position in the area of Computer Science to commence on September 1, 2022 in our undergraduate Computer Science program. This position reports to the Dean of Science. The position is subject to budgetary approval.
Ontario Tech is a technology-enhanced learning environment and seeks faculty members who strive to explore and develop new pedagogies by integrating technology in the curriculum. Primary duties include preparing, delivering and grading all course material, assignments, quizzes and exams for assigned courses. She/he will be available for consultation with students during and following completion of the course. Duties may include the supervision of teaching assistant(s).
The successful candidate will be assigned as an Academic Associate for the equivalent of 7 standard courses in the Fall and Winter term(s) and will be expected to follow a 70% teaching, 20% service, and 10% other, each year of this contract.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate students with an ability to utilize a technology-enhanced learning approach and explore and develop new pedagogies.
- Minimum requirement of Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- PhD and industry experience are desirable
- A proven commitment to providing innovative and engaging teaching strategies
- Evidence of an ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to maintain effective relationships with a range of faculty, staff and students
- Experience teaching undergraduate Computer Science courses is preferred
- Specialist Qualifications in digital media and/or computer graphics would be considered an asset
How to Apply:
- See https://ontariotechu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/190?c=ontariotechu
To apply for this job please visit ontariotechu.csod.com.