Website Dalhousie University (Faculty of Computer Science)
The Faculty of Computer Science is seeking candidates for a 3-year limited term instructor position to begin on or around July 1, 2022 (negotiable). This position will primarily involve delivering courses on technical communication skills and project management at both undergraduate and graduate levels; as well as participating in Faculty administration. The successful applicant will be engaged in the planning and coordinated delivery of courses such as:
· CSCI 2100 – Workplace Communication for Computer Science
· CSCI 2690 – Introduction to Software Projects
· CSCI 5100 – Communicating Computer Science Ideas
The successful candidate for this position must meet the following requirements:
· At least a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline,
· Experience in teaching communication and project management at the university level; delivery of industry or similar training programs, as well as other forms of recognized educational practice (e.g., seminars, online course development) will be considered for applicants with strong and diverse portfolios.
Additional desirable qualifications include:
· A history of excellence in teaching communication skills and project management to large and diverse audiences.
· Ability to motivate the need for communication and project management skills in the ICT industry.
· Demonstrated strengths in written communication, spoken communication, inter-personal communication, and project management in workplace settings.
· Experience in managing IT projects or related project management.
· Experience in teaching large numbers of ESL students.
· Experience or interest in technology-related fields such as computer science, engineering, history of science and technology, or related fields.
· Experience in academic administration, committee work, and student advising.
Eligible candidates should apply for this position with a package including a (i) C.V. or resume; (ii) cover letter; (iii) the addresses and emails of three references; and (iv) a teaching dossier or project portfolio, if applicable. Application review will begin January 9, 2022. Candidates should be prepared to have their referees forward their letters of reference upon request. Consideration of complete applications will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit https://www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
To apply for this job please visit dal.peopleadmin.ca.