Website Vancouver Island University
To teach CSCI 112: Applications Programming. Duties include the preparation and delivery of lectures, assignments, and tests, and grading of submitted work.
This course is scheduled for face-to-face classroom delivery at the Nanaimo Campus. In the event that public health directives force a shift to online learning, the successful candidate must be prepared to provide alternative delivery instruction using VIU resources. Candidates must, however, have their own internet connection to facilitate online teaching if required.
Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching, learning and student success through scholarship and institutional service. Successful candidates will participate in a wide range of activities outside the classroom, including student support; institutional, faculty and departmental committee meetings and other initiatives; and professional activities in keeping with their disciplines in and outside the institution.
- MSc in Computer Science from an appropriately accredited institution, with expertise in the subject to be taught.
- A commitment to, and understanding of, current teaching and learning practices in Computer Science.
- A commitment to, and understanding of, the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the classroom.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- PhD in Computer Science
- Demonstrated currency in the filed through relevant work experience in academic, industry, or research area.
- Demonstrated above satisfactory and recent (past three-years) post-secondary that relates to the subject area of instruction.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (D2L, Moodle, etc).
VIU is pleased to offer employees a comprehensive benefit plan; ample paid holiday time; professional development opportunities and a desirable pension plan that takes the worry out of retirement. As part of the VIU campus community, our employees work with supportive colleagues within an encouraging environment and are provided with the tools and training that promote learning and development. The perks of VIU employment are multiple, and include well-being initiatives and services, strategic discounts and hybrid work opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit careers.viu.ca.