Département d'informatique, Université de Sherbrooke
The Université de Sherbrooke is seeking candidates for a full-time tenure-track position in the Department of Computer Science of its Faculty of Science.
The Université de Sherbrooke is a French-speaking institution hosting more than 31,000 students.
The Computer Science Department offers programs at the graduate and undergraduate levels: three B.Sc. coop programs specializing in computer science, management information systems, and multimedia and computer game sciences; two master’s programs, one in computer science, the other in software engineering; and a Ph.D. program in computer science.
PRINCIPAL CHALLENGES AND DUTIES
• Teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
• Develop research activities.
• Supervise graduate students.
• Take part in administrative duties.
• Hold a Ph.D in computer science or a discipline deemed relevant.
• Have a strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals of international standing, testifying to an excellent research record.
• Demonstrate skills in establishing and maintaining good interpersonal relations, a sense of collaboration, and teamwork skills.
• Demonstration of strong pedagogical abilities and the ability to supervise graduate students.
• Applications in artificial intelligence, data science, computer security, video games and internet of things will have priority for this position.
• French is the common and teaching language at the Université de Sherbrooke. Applicants who have not fully mastered the French language will be considered provided they commit to enhancing their knowledge of French in their first year on the job.
• Post-doctorate experience, or the equivalent, would be an asset.
Language of instruction | Langue d'enseignement:Français
Position type | Type de poste:Research & teaching | Recherche et enseignement
Research and/or teaching fields | Domaines de recherche et/ou d'enseignement:Artificial intelligence, Data science, Computer security, Video games, Internet of things
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.