Computer Science, Western University
Western University invites applications for a 3 year Limited-Term faculty appointment at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant Professor to start January 1, 2022. The successful candidate will be appointed in the Department of Computer Science. The salary will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position has an 80% Teaching and 20% Service workload distribution. Teaching duties will include up to 3.0 full course equivalents over a twelve-month period, while Service duties will include program coordination.
– MSc or PhD in Computer Science
– Experience teaching at the postsecondary level that includes core computer science courses and courses for non-CS majors
– Excellence in undergraduate classroom teaching, as evidenced by, but not limited to:
Innovative undergraduate course, curriculum, or laboratory design and evaluation
Outstanding teaching evaluations
The effective implementation of technology in curriculum delivery
The use of teaching methods that enhance student engagement and learning
– Experience in providing high-impact learning experiences for students
– Interest and/or experience in the scholarship of teaching and learning
– Training in pedagogy or teaching at the university level
Candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, a CV, and a teaching dossier that includes evidence of teaching effectiveness and a statement of teaching philosophy. Please send the names/contact information for at least 3 academic references. Please ensure that this form: http://www.uwo.ca/facultyrelations/faculty/Application-FullTime-Faculty-Position-Form.pdf is included in your submission.
Please send applications via email to:
Dr. Michael Domaratzki
Chair, Department of CS
1151 Richmond St
London, ON, N6A 5B7
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on September 15, 2021.
- No later than | Au plus tard le
- January 1, 2022
Language of instruction | Langue d'enseignement:English
Position type | Type de poste:Teaching only | Enseignement seulement
Research and/or teaching fields | Domaines de recherche et/ou d'enseignement:Undergraduate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.