Position Description:

The School of Computer Science is currently comprised of 25 faculty and 11 staff members. It offers high quality education to about 900 undergraduate and 50 graduate students. The start date is expected to be July 1, 2021.

The School offers two undergraduate majors, Computer Science and Software Engineering, as well as a three-year General Program. The honours majors are available with a Co-operative Education option. The MSc in Computer Science emphasizes both academic and applied research. A new course-based Master of Cybersecurity and Threat Intelligence (MCTI) program admitted the first cohort in September 2019. The PhD in Computational Sciences produces interdisciplinary scholars who are capable of tackling emerging problems in the sciences, social sciences, humanities, etc. A more traditional PhD in Computer Science degree program is also being developed for starting in September 2021.

Qualifications:

Candidates must hold a PhD in Computer Science or a related field at the time of appointment. Successful candidates must demonstrate both strong commitment for postsecondary teaching and capability for conducting independent research. Prior academic experience is an important asset.

The successful candidates are expected to have 70% of Distribution of Efforts on teaching, which maps to at least 5 courses per year, at the undergraduate and graduate levels. They are expected to devote the remaining 30% of DoE to research and to provide service to the School, College, and University.

LOCATION

Guelph

ORGANIZATION

School of Computer Science
University of Guelph

EMAIL

facultyjobs@socs.uoguelph.ca

EMPLOYER JOB POST

https://www.uoguelph.ca/facultyjobs/postings/ad21-26.shtml

ADDRESS

School of Computer Science
Reynolds Building
University of Guelph
Guelph
ON
N1G 2W1

TYPE

Research + Teaching

CLASSIFICATION

Assistant Professor

TENURED POSITION

Yes

RESEARCH FIELDS

view all job postings