CS-Can|Info-Can is looking for energetic, community-minded members of the Canadian computer science community to join our Board of Directors.
This Board Director opportunity provides strategic oversight of the organization’s broad range of activities. Board Directors participate in monthly one-hour virtual meetings and are encouraged to lead participation in research, communication, recognition, and outreach programs across the country.
Working with researchers, academics, students, industry, and government, you will help shape CS-Can|Info-Can by reflecting the values and priorities of the organization’s members and
stakeholders including (but not limited to):
- Ensuring excellence in research, innovation, and education across all aspects of computer science.
- Fostering the next generation of computer science researchers and professionals for the Canadian academia and ICT ecosystems.
- Actively promoting an inclusive environment that supports diversity and encourages participation by underrepresented groups.
- Developing two-way academia-industry interactions that encourage innovation and the ethical application of computer technology.
- Informing public policy debates at all levels on issues involving ICT through impactful and timely strategic positioning.
CS-Can|Info-Can is run by a Board of Directors whose members serve staggered three-year
terms, with some elected directly by membership and others by departments.
In 2021, the Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for:
- One Board position to serve as President, to be elected by individual members of the organization.
- Two Board positions, referred to as individual positions, to be elected by individual members of the organization.
- One Board position, referred to as a departmental position, to be elected by departmental members of the organization.
All of these positions are appointed for a three-year term (commencing October 2021 and completing September 2024) with the possibility of election for a second consecutive term.
The Board positions are to be filled by researchers or academics in CS-Can|Info-Can member university departments.
Both self-nominations and nominations by others are welcomed for the Board. Please ensure that the nominee is willing to serve as a Board Director prior to submitting the nomination.
We strongly encourage nominations of people who bring a breadth of perspective and experience to the Board.
The nomination form is available here: https://forms.gle/NafHevuR6Pe1tfqTA
Brief biographical information and a statement of interest of the nominee are requested.
Only CS-Can|Info-Can members may be nominated. Note: all faculty members, undergraduate
and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows are automatically entitled to membership if
the nominee’s department or school is an institutional member.
To check the status of your department’s membership, please visit the member directory.
To register your membership, please visit the individual departmental member registration page.
The deadline for nominations is June 11, 2021.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to launch your career? There’s high-demand for STEM graduates in the workforce right now, but how do you get started as a new graduate? How do you figure out where to apply and [...]
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Do you have an idea for a news story?
Let us know!