CS-Can/Info-Can is pleased to announce their 2016 award recipients, who were all recognized at an awards banquet at the University of Alberta on May 15, 2017.
The recipients of the 2016 Award for Lifetime Achievement in Computer Science were:
- Gregor von Bochmann (University of Ottawa)
- Gilles Brassard (Université de Montréal)
- Janusz (John) Brzozowski (University of Waterloo)
- Hector Levesque (University of Toronto)
- Ian Munro (University of Waterloo)
- John Mylopoulos (University of Toronto)
These awards recognize current or former faculty members in Canadian Computer Science Departments/Schools/Faculties who have made outstanding and sustained contributions to computing over their careers. The awards can be for achievement in research, teaching, service, or any combination of these.
Here is a photo of these distinguished individuals at the banquet on May 15, 2017:
From left to right are Ian Munro, John Mylopoulos, John Brzozowski, Gregor Bochmann, Gilles Brassard, and Hector Levesque. (Photo credit: Julien Chiasson)
The recipients of the 2016 Outstanding Young Computer Science Researcher Prizes were:
- Nick Harvey (University of British Columbia)
- Abram Hindle (University of Alberta)
- Lap Chi Lau (University of Waterloo)
These prizes recognize excellence in research, and are made to top young faculty members in Canadian Computer Science Departments/Schools/Faculties who are within the first 10 years of their career beyond the completion of their PhD.
Here is a photo of two of the award winners at the May 15 awards banquet:
From left to right are Nick Harvey and Abram Hindle. Lap Chi Lau was unable to attend the event. (Photo credit: Mario Nascimento)